Stories come in all shapes and sizes. I’m here to help you define your audience, clarify your message, and get your content to those who need it.
As a New Zealand-American based in Kona, Hawai’i, I have over a decade of experience in blogging and copywriting worldwide, with experience in nonprofit organizations and faith-based businesses. This gives me a unique, international perspective to each project I approach—and I’m looking forward to connecting with you, wherever you are.
To get started, here are five ways I can help you share your story:
Your blog is the powerhouse when it comes to getting your story out there. Whether it’s just one post or setting up your content strategy, I’ll work with you to craft a blog that people love to share.
- Most ‘Orphans’ Have Parents — Let’s Talk About It 1MILLIONHOME (Copywriter, 2021-present)
- An American’s Guide to Kiwi English | Tips on New Zealand Culture YWAM Furnace New Zealand (Copywriter & Editor, 2018-2020) Read all posts
- 5 Practical Tips To Fundraise For Your Discipleship Training School YWAM Kona (Copywriter & Editor, 2022-present)
You’ve got the content, you just want that extra pair of eyes to look over it. Proofreading, content editing, line editing, or all of the above—get your writing ready to impact your world.
- The 5 Myths Orphans Want You To Know 1MILLIONHOME (Editor, 2021-current)
- Is This Where I Belong? 4 uncomfortable things to consider before joining a team Restoring Connections (Editor, 2020)
- How Midwives are Turning the Tide of the Maternity Crisis in South Sudan YWAM Kona (Editor, 2022-present)
3. Transcribing & Interviewing
Turn a presentation, sermon, or interview into a piece of written, shareable content. With a combination of direct transcribing and note-taking, I’ll take your story and get it in writing.
- Sample: Blog post from 20-minute sermon via Zoom Get Up, Take Your Bed, and Walk | YFNZ Devotional
4. Creating an Email Subscriber Campaign
People are ready to read your content in their inbox—are you ready? I’m here to set up sustainable systems to keep your audience up-to-date with your latest updates.
5. Coaching Sessions
Wherever you are in your writing process, I’ll come alongside you and your team with interactive coaching sessions to brainstorm ideas, formulate a plan, and put it into action.
“I realised last year that to take my communication to another level I was going to need help from a communication jedi. Kayla showed up at the perfect time, and in just a few sessions helped me dramatically improve my ability to connect deeply with the people that I need to communicate with.
She knows when to push me to break out of an old pattern of thinking and try something new. She knows how to encourage me to lean into my natural strengths. Since she’s come on board, every aspect of our community development work has grown and expanded.
I couldn’t recommend her more highly to anyone who’s genuinely keen to connect with people in a deep and transformational way.”
—Matthew Dawson, Restoring Connections – Aotearoa New Zealand
For rates (business and non-profit) and availability, email email@example.com